I just wanted to give everyone a quick update that we received our second shot, but decided to stay an additional month. Our monthly rate here is very reasonable but the daily rate is $40 and if we lose our monthly slot there is no getting it back. Since the second shot was on Saturday and we would have to move Sunday we ultimately decided to play it safe and stay another month.
Thankfully we didn’t have any symptoms at all after the second shot, but based on what we have heard from others it could have gone a different way. At this point our plan is to leave May 20th and head diagonally to Minneapolis. I would love to stop for a couple of weeks in Nashville (never been) and a weekend in Kansas City along the way, but we will have to play it by ear.
As full timers we often say our plans are made in Jello, but with COVID our plans (and many others ) are like melted ice cream. MESSY!! I have lost count of how many times our plans have changed this year, but I would guess more than all the other years we have been on the road combined. Well maybe no that many but a lot. The good news is Kelly and Bill are going out of their way to come see us for a few days and of course more baby time. Oliver seems to change every day and I love being here to see that happen.
Well like I said just a quick update, wish I had more exciting things to write about. Work is going very well, if you were wondering, and Jack continues to be a joy. Here’s a couple of pictures I wanted to share of Oliver that capture how staying in one place can be fun once in awhile.
Supporting our Blog
We very much appreciate your support of our blog.